Valerie’s rooms by the Sea

    Sometimes just a little tiny room can be the whole world for somebody because it can be the cheerful microcosm for people who can be happy on their own like Valerie. Valerie is an introverted person. When she is outside she might be an invisible human who everyone never sees or cares about, but when she is in her room alone she will be the happiest person like the sunflower in the gorgeous terrarium.

    Valerie has bad memories in her childhood. She was bullied and humiliated in school by people who she wanted to call friends, so that made her not want to talk and play with anyone. The only thing she wanted to hear everyday was the school’s bell. After hearing that she would directly run as fast as she could to her house, the only place she felt comfortable with herself and her family. She was an only child in this family, so she always was cared for by her parents. In her house there were a few rooms and her favorite room was a beautiful pink private room which she spent all the time in. In that room she would feel like she lived in her own world because she was the only one person in this place so no one could hurt her. Therefore, this room always made her feel safe and she didn't want to go anywhere, and that made and molded her to be an introverted person.

    When the time moved, she grew up and left her hometown and family to work in another city, but even though the time had changed her introvert still remained the same. She lived in the city which has the sea on the east side, so she chose to rent a little house there because it was very far from the main city and people. Her small house was on the edge of a low cliff with a section stretching out to the sea and it had only one grey wall’s room which included everything in the same room. However, there was one weird thing about this house. On the east side of this house there was a door which directly opened to the sea. Valerie didn’t know what that door was for and she never opened it because she didn’t care, she just wanted a private place where she could live alone. 

    One night, Valerie had slept on her bed as she always did, but there was something that hadn't happened to her for a very long time. She had a dream. In dream she stood in front of her old house, the house in her hometown. The orange and yellow colours on the sky could tell her that it was in the evening. She went directly into the main door of her house and opened it. Instead of opening into the living room, she found her childhood room. Although this room was too small for her now, the pink wall and all the stuff made her feel so nostalgic. However, one side of her room had a door that had never been there before but she surely recognized that was the sea door in her new house. She didn’t know why, but she walked slowly to open the sea door. The moment the door opened, the pleasant wind with the scent of the sea, the elegant sunlight of sunset and the whispering sound of waves rushed to her whole body and penetrated into her heart. She was stunned and felt deeply warm inside like when she was hugged by her parents in the past. Her eyes began to heat up until her tears fell and she slowly came to life, then she woke up. As she woke up, we began to hear her thoughts…

    On that day, when I woke from my dream with tears in my eyes and on my cheek. I asked “What was that dream?”. Amid the drowsiness of waking up, I felt confused and happy at the same time. I hurriedly got up from bed and walked straight to the sea door. When I opened that door, the morning sunlight entered my room and I saw a wonderful view of the sunrise. To be honest, I still don’t know what my dream was that day, but I can remember all the details about that. As I said, I’m an introverted person so my happiness always comes from my own, but after that night the sea door became my first friend. Every morning and evening, I will open the sea door and sit on the floor. It gives me the beautiful views of the sun, the amazing weather and the sound of nature and the sea everyday. Moreover, If I close my eyes I often can feel like someone is hugging me, and it always makes me happy and peaceful.  

    Sometimes just a little tiny room can be the whole world for somebody, and sometimes just a common thing, like a door, can bring happiness for somebody too.

Comments